This is the ESP8266 WiFi Module chip in “ESP-12E SMD” footprint. This type allows you to access all the I/O pins available in the ESP8266 wifi chip and use its full features. Adding WiFi connectivity now become more easy!
Pair this chip with an adapter board ESP12-E SMD to male header adapter to easily access the pins. Don’t forget to get a Voltage Regulator – 3.3V, USB to UART Serial TTL adapter cable PL2303, Logic Level converter 5V and 3.3V, Capacitor Electrolytic – 1000uF to complete your parts and program the ESP12-E chip. Maybe you can also get a Power Supply Adapter 12V/600mA to power your circuit.
ESP8266 is a highly integrated chip designed for the needs of a new connected world. It offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution, allowing it to either host the application or to offload all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor. ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
Features / Specifications
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- 4MB Flash Memory
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- Reference Design for ESP8266 ESP-12E
- Schematic and Circuit configuration