The Bluetooth Module HC-05 (Master/Slave) provides a wireless communication link between your Arduino and any bluetooth capable device. It’s ideal replacement to your wired serial connection. It enables a circuit to communicate to another circuit through wireless connectivity. Sending and Receiving of data can be achieved within a range of 10 meters. Has a standard 2-pin UART connection (Tx & Rx) which makes it very easy to connect to your microcontroller board like the Arduino. Bluetooth module HC-05 Master and slave Two in one module
Use the CSR BC417 mainstream bluetooth chip, bluetooth V2.0 SPP protocol standards
The module board has signal conditioning circuit (5V and 3.3V compatible) to easily connect the signal pins directly to Arduino boards or any 5V powered device. No need for a (3.3v signal line) voltage divider or voltage switching circuitry.
Configurations, example setup and manual references are linked in the Manuals Section below.
The HC-06 version can be checked out here : Bluetooth Module HC-06 (Slave)
Features / Specifications
- Bluetooth protocol : CSR BC417 mainstream bluetooth chip, Bluetooth Specification v2.0+EDR
- Frequency : 2.4GHz ISM band
- Dimension : 38(L) x 15(W) x 2.35(H) mm
- Modulation : GFSK (Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying)
- Emission power : <=4dBm- Class 2
- Speed : Asynchronous: 2.1Mbps (Max) / 160 kbps- Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps
- Security : Authentication and encryption
- Profiles : Bluetooth serial port
- Wave band : 2.4GHz-2.8GHz- SM Band
Module working voltage 3.6 V to 6V, 5V I/O Compatible
- Current : Paring – 35mA- Connected – 8mA
- Temperature : -40~ +105 Degrees Celsius
- User defined Baud rate : 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 921600, and 1382400
- Pin definition : PIO8 connects with LED cathode with 470ohm series resistor in between. LED NEGATIVE connects to ground.
After powered on- flashing intervals differ in different states. PIO9 is used to control LED indicating paring. It will be steady on when paring is successful.
- Permanently configured to be the slave.
- Default rate of 9600
- Default pin: 1234, the user can be set up.
- Click the button to enter Command Mode. Can be switched via AT commands as master or slave mode.
Example Wiring Setup:
- Bluetooth Module Pins –> Arduino Pins
- HC-05 VCC –> Arduino +5V
- HC-05 GND –> Arduino GND
- HC-05 TXD –> Arduino Pin 0 (RX)
- HC-05 RXD –> Arduino Pin 1 (TX)
Download! BLUETERM – an android app for Bluetooth Communication with Arduino
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- Bluetooth_Module_HC-05 (by eprolabs)
- Bluetooth Module HC-05 User guide (by dsdtech)
- Arduino with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module – AT MODE (by martyncurrey)
- HC05 More Information Guideline (by arduino-info)
- Configuring HC-05 (youtube video by techbitar)