The Robot Car Line Follower Kit V3 is a complete learning platform for Robotics programming, Autonomous Robotic and Line Follower Car projects. In this updated version, we made the car easier to assemble and handle, plus it now includes a complete Experiment Guide!
The Robotic Car Line Follower is based on the Arduino programmable environment. It includes all the necessary parts to create a Robotic Car like the Arduino UNO R3 which serves as the brain processor of the robot car. This kit also includes an easy to use and powerful L298 motor driver controller in Arduino-Shield form factor, DC Motors and wheels, two single channel Infrared line follower sensors, a complete chassis kit with accessories, battery power source and wires.
The included Experiment Manual will walk you through from setting up your Arduino programming software and hardware. With this kit you’ll learn on the working principles of each of the electronic components and the code programs and you’ll create a complete robotic line follower car.
If you are adventurous, you may use this car for your SUMOBot project, Wall or Obstacle avoidance (get an Ultrasonic or Infrared distance sensor, Bluetooth Wireless controlled car (get a Bluetooth HC-05 or HC-06 module) and to any robot car based projects you want to create.
This Robot Car can be supplied from 5 volts to 12 Volts. Speeds vary from 20 to 250 rpm and have a torque of 6 to 8 Kg. Note that the kit comes un-assembled and an Assembly plus Experiment Guide is included to build and run this car in less than an hour. This is one of the many kits perfect use for STEM/STEAM learning together with the Arduino Starter Kit.
Note: The kit does not include the 6-pcs AA batteries and are sold separately in our store. All other parts in the kit/picture are included. With this kit you can use with cheap (over-the-counter), branded or rechargeable AA batteries. If you use it for long periods of time you may consider getting 18650 Li-ion rechargeable batteries, Li-ion battery holder and charger.
Features / Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Line following channel indicators: 2 channels
- Motor Driver based: L298P Motor Driver
- Arduino-programmable hardware and software
- Adjustable infrared line follower sensitivity and range
- Expandable use for Wall/Obstacle detection, SUMOBot, Maze Solving Robot
The kit includes:
- 1x Arduino UNO R3 with USB Cable
- 1x L298P Motor Driver Shield
- 2x TCRT5000 Infrared (IR) Line Sensor Board – 1 channel
- 1x Robot Car Basic Kit with accessories
- 1x Battery Holder for AA batteries (6 channels)
- It also comes with connecting wires, DC motors plus wheels, battery holder, M3 spacer hex, supporting wheel and all accessories.
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents