Anytime you need to detect a flex or bend, this sensor is what you need.
Flex Sensor is a variable resistor. It measures the amount of “bending”. The resistance of the flex sensor changes when the metal pads are on the outside of the bend (text on inside of bend).
They were used in the Nintendo Power Glove and can also be used as door sensors, finger or doll arm for robotics.
Note: The latest version of this product varies on resistance. Please be careful when bending the wiring side of the sensor and note the change on the resistance. Also, make sure you don’t bend the sensor at the base as it wont register as a change, and could break the leads.
Flex sensors are available in two sizes: 2.2″ (5.588cm) long and at 4.5″ (11.43cm) long.
Features / Specifications
- Resistance Value : 10KΩ~125KΩ
- Life Cycle : >1 million
- Temperature Range : -35°C to +80°C
- Operating Voltage : 5V
- Changes resistance when flexed
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- Arduino and Bend Sensor Example 1 (by adrumotive)
- Arduino and Bend Sensor Example 2 (by codebender_cc)
- Flex Sensor with Arduino
- Wiki :Flex Sensor
- Tutorial: Flex Sensor – Introduction and Use