The ESP32 WiFi/IoT Development Board (NodeMCU ESP-32S) is a platform for Espressif’s ESP32 WiFi/Bluetooth/IoT wireless chip! This is the mega upgrade to the popular ESP8266. Like the ESP8266, the ESP32 is a WiFi-compatible microcontroller. The ESP32 adds a new feature that supports Bluetooth low-energy (BLE, Bluetooth Smart, Bluetoot 4.0), it has 30 I/O pins – more than double the specs of the ESP8266 and the processor speed is now also 2 to 3 times faster plus dual-core. The ESP32 is a perfect upgrade to a more demanding IoT projects.
You can program the ESP32 WiFi IoT Dev board with the Arduino IDE by installing the ESP32 Arduino Core. This board is ready to program, just connect a micro USB cable, insert the board to a breadboard and you can start prototyping. The board includes an on-board LED so you can directly test for functioanlity and it includes the needed USB-to-serial chip to transfer your code from the computer to the chip and has on board voltage regulation circuitry!
Features / Specifications
- 3.0 to 3.6V operating range
- Dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency
- 520kB internal SRAM
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi
- Integrated dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- 2.5 µA deep sleep current
- 28 GPIO (general purpose input/output pins)
- 10-electrode capacitive touch support
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
- 4MB Flash memory
- Built-in LiPo/Li-ion battery charging support
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents