The LoRa (LoRaWAN) Starter Kit is a complete starter kit that enables beginners and experienced developers to explore and create projects with the LoRa Technology. The complete kit includes the necessary hardware boards and components needed to start creating and testing implementation of your own LoRa and IoT (Internet of Things) networks.
This kit contains the Raspberry Pi plus LoRa GPS Gateway HAT – 868MHz (serves as the concentrator board or gateway), Power Supply Adapter, Antenna, ESP32-RF96 WiFi LoRa Development Board, sensors and input/output components.
In this kit and manual we will setup a single channel LoRaWAN network running at 868MHz using LoRa Raspberry Pi Gateway circuit, ESP32 LoRa Node module and TTN LoRaWAN Network Server. You’ll be able to learn concepts and terminology about LoRa & LoRaWAN and how it works. You will also create our own LoRa and LoRaWAN circuit and application and perform the LoRa communication and networking examples.
Features / Specifications
- Raspberry Pi based LoRaWAN Circuit
- Runs at 868Mhz LoRa ISM Frequency (1 channel)
- Temperature and Humidity Sensor (DHT22)
The kit includes:
- LoRa (LoRaWAN) LoRa GPS Gateway HAT (868MHz)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Micro SD Card with Raspberry Pi OS – 8GB, Class10
- ESP32 LoRa Development Board (with accessories) (2x)
- USB A to Micro B – 30cm (2x)
- DHT22 Temperature & Humidity Sensor (2x)
- 10k Ohm Resistor (4x)
- Breadboard (half-size) (2x)
- Power Supply Wall Adapter – 5V/3Amps (micro USB)
- Connecting Wires (Male to Male) – 10cm, 40pins
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- LoRa (LoRaWAN) Starter Kit User Manual v1.1 (PDF)
- Guides and Reference