This is the L293D Motor Driver Shield v1 that you can use for DC, Stepper and Servo motors up to 10 Volts. L293D is also what’s known as a type of H-Bridge. The H-Bridge is typically an electrical circuit that enables a voltage to be applied across a load in either direction to an output, e.g. motor. It is designed to provide bi-directional drive currents of up to 600-mA.
Features / Specifications
- 2 interface for 5V Servo connected to the Arduino
- Can drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection.
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges : per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 10V DC.
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up. Reset button.
- 2 external terminal power interface, for seperate logic/motor supplies.
- Size : 6.8cm x 5.5cm x 2cm – 2.68inch x 2.17inch x 0.79inch.
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- Motor Shield Manual
- Sample Uses of Motor Driver Shield L293D v1(by ABDERRAHIM AABIDA)
- 28BYJ-48 Stepper Motor + Arduino + L293D Motor Shield + processing setup test run(by Mr Innovative)