The TIP120 is a NPN Darlington Power Transistor. It can switch loads upto 60V with a peak current of 8A and continuous current of 5A. This makes it suitable for medium and high power electronics like controlling motors, solenoids or high power LEDs.
The TIP120 is a Darlington pair NPN transistor. It functions like a normal NPN transistor, but since it has a Darlington pair inside it has good collector current rating of about 5A and a gain of about 1000. It can also withstand about 60V across its collector- Emitter hence can be used to drive heavy loads.
Features / Specifications
- NPN Medium-power Darlington Transistor
- High DC Current Gain (hFE), typically 1000
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 5A
- Collector-Emitter voltage (VCE) is 60V
- Collector-Base voltage (VCB) is 60V
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
- Base Current(IB) is 120mA
- Peak load current is 8A
- Available in To-220 Package
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents