If you want to control high power devices with very low power mechanisms, the P-Channel MOSFET is good for you.
The P-Channel MOSFET FQP27P06 is a very common MOSFET with very low on-resistance and a control voltage (aka gate voltage) that is compatible with most 5V microcontroller or mechanical switches. It is suitable for low voltage applications such as DC/DC converters and high efficiency for switching for power management in portable and battery operated products.
Features / Specifications
- -27A, -60V, RDS (on) = 70mΩ (Max.) @VGS = -10 V, ID = -13.5A
- Low gate charge (Typ. 33nC)
- Low Crss (Typ. 120pF)
- 100% avalanche tested
- 175°C maximum junction temperature rating
Tutorials / Manuals / Documents
- P-Channel MOSFET (ct science & Electronics Circuit)
- Practical MOSFET Tutorial #3 – P Channel and the Mobility of Holes(ct Julian Ilett)
- FQP27P06 P-Channel QFET® MOSFET
- How P-Channel MOSFETs Can Simplify Your Circuit