This Fingerprint Reader/Scanner is the most popular and very easy to use fingerprint reader you can add to your projects. It only requires 4 wires UART (VCC, GND, Tx, Rx) to run and is supported heavily with well written Arduino library from Adafruit. This fingerprint reader is based out of ZFM fingerprint sensor family. It can store up to 162 finger prints in its internal memory and to get those data you only need to run code on the UART communication.
This fingerprint reader is perfect for your biometric projects like attendance logging, door lock security entry and much more!
Check out our tutorial guide below based from Adafruit documentations to get started and have fun adding fingerprint reading feature to your project! Also check the library and code and do some tweaking!
FEATURES / SPECIFICATIONS
- Supply voltage: DC 3.6 ~ 6.0V / 3.3V Supply
- Working current: <120mA
- fingerprint time image: <1.0 seconds
- Window Size: 14x18 mm
- File Features: 256 bytes
- template file: 512 bytes
- Storage Capacity: 162 finger prints
- False Accept Rate (FAR): <0.001% (security level 3)
- False Reject Rate (FRR): <1.0% (security level 3)
- Search time: <1.0 sec
- PC interface: UART (TTL logic level)
- baud rate communication (UART): 9600, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600 (default is 57600)
TUTORIALS / REFERENCE / DOCUMENTS